Sunday, August 16, 2009

Say Cheese!

The great part about extended family is everyone spending time together and learning that they are a part of something bigger then just themselves and their nuclear family.

The best part about having the youngest kids in the family is the ability to glean and learn from the more experienced parents. "Did So-and-So ever do this?" "Oh really, at about the same age?" "How long did the phase last?"

We were trying to take a picture today of everyone in R's side of the family. The last time we had a chance to do this Cait wasn't here so this would be the first portrait of all the Ds.

Jill refused to join in. She was adamant that she was not going to be photographed. She would stand behind everyone, but there was no way she was going to be seen.

Amidst my mortification at her blunt refusal to be a part of this special picture was the memory of my nephew doing something very similar at about the same age. I remember him being very clear that there was no way anyone was going to take his picture ever again.

I looked over at him standing front and centre with a big smile glued to his face.

I tried to trick her into my arms on the fringe of the gathering assuring her that we were too far to the side to be in the picture.

She didn't fall for it.

I promised to Photoshop Jill into the picture later.

No comments:

Post a Comment