Sunday, August 2, 2009

I Guess Maybe

I guess maybe I should let those of you who don't know me know a bit about me.

I live with my husband and 2 daughters.

One is 4 and the other is 1. One looks like me and the other looks like him.

They couldn't be any more different from each other in every way. Any lessons I learned with my first are irrelevant with the second. The only thing that feels the same is the love.

The big one, J, is spirited, intense, smart, and determined.
The little one, C, is calm, methodical, smart, and determined.

Maybe they are a little alike after all.

I want each of them to grow up to be the incredible women that they will be. I know this because they are incredible girls. I know that really I am just borrowing time from them until they venture out on their own, but it feels like my time and I want to hold onto every single moment of it. Ok, that's not quite true, there are some moments I will leave behind. Like the time(s) I lost my cool. But that's all a part of parenting right? The highs and lows? The phases?

All I want to be is their best Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment